ELLISON TALENT SHOW!
It's never too early to start working on a special act for the talent show!
It is not too early to start thinking about the Ellison Talent Show. Students could be working on their talent throughout the school year. Students in grades 1-6 are invited to perform. Reviews of the acts will take place on April 28 & 29 after school. The Talent Show will take place on May 13 with the rehearsal date probably being the day before, May 12, after school.
- Students in grades 1-6 may participate.
- A student may participate in no more than 2 acts.
- Acts should run at 3 minutes or under for grades !-3 and less than 5 minutes for grades 4-6.
- All acts must be family friendly to all ages. Please monitor costumes, song lyrics and routines. The Review Judges may suggest some alternatives if needed.
- ALL VOCAL PERFORMANCES MUST BE REVIEWED AND PERFORMED WITH ACCOMPANIMENT CD'S OR iPods. Start searching for those accompaniment resources NOW! Do not come to auditions and sing along with a performance CD and then tell us that an accompaniment CD will be secured. It's not a fair representation of a student's talent if a student sings along with an artist. Many times an accompaniment CD can not be found, so, please plan ahead for the Review date. Please try to make sure that CD's and iPods are compatible for use on a simple stereo system. You are welcome to come to the music room to test them out before the audition date.